7 Tips For A Cozy Master Bedroom
Your master bedroom is the one place that you can go after a long day andrelax completely… right? If you’re shaking your head, you may be in need of amaster bedroom makeover. If you follow these steps, it can be a place to completely relax.
1. Plan. When thinking about your bedroom you first need tocollect ideas and brainstorm your favorite looks, and the way you want your bedroom to feel. An easy way to do this is online, and what some popular styles might be in the stores. Then save what you like. You will also need to measure your space to ensure no furniture returns.
2. Purpose. Take a minute to decide on the purpose ofyour master bedroom. Will it be your cozy, curl-up space? Or a night-time getaway with a TV and sitting area?
3. Theme. The theme of your bedroom is extremely important. It helps tie all of the colors, furniture lines and lightingtogether. Think about what you want; a casual, contemporary or romantic bedroom? As long as it reflects your personality.
4. Colors. The colors that you choose for your master bedroom should be warm and inviting. Some people prefer neutrals while others like bold colors – the choice is up to you. Just remember that your colors should reflect your theme.
5. Bedroom Furniture. After you have measured and thoughtabout theme, you can start browsing for your furniture. There are several things to consider while you are shopping. Make sure you have enough storage, and it’s not too much furniture for a small area. Make sure there’s plenty of walking room.
6. Lighting. Lighting a room properly can completely change the way your furniture and skin tone look. Make sure your room has enough lighting to suit your needs, choose nice bedside table lamps if you like to read, or a standing lamp if you have a sitting area. The main light fixture will be a focal point, so choose wisely, and make sure it fits with the overall flow of the room. Another consideration couldbe whether or not you also need a ceiling fan for warmer climates.
7. Accents. This is where you tie it all together, and complete your look. The accents in a room often make or break the look andshould be chosen with care. First, make a list of everything you need. Somepurchases to think about are:
- Curtains and blinds
- Bedding – duvets, comforters, throw blankets, pillowcases, etc.
- Decorative pillows
- Wall hangings and picture frames
- An area rug for chilly wood floors
- Mirrors – a stand-up mirror for a full-length view is optimal if you havethe space.
- Shopping for your accents is where you can truly bring the elements andtheme of your room together.